Mike's Bourbon French Toast. Great recipe for Mike's Bourbon French Toast. Best served in bed on a stormy weekend! Brought to you by the sticky little fingers of two of my naughty seven year old culinary students!
This Healthy Strawberry Bourbon French Toast is the real winner of quarantine. For Mother's Day this year, Rach is making her mom a platter of french toast spiked with bourbon and vanilla and served with a side of bacon for the perfect mix of salty 'n' sweet. "French toast—pain perdu, 'lost bread' or bread that has lost to stale—is really just cooking bread in custard," Rach says. Bourbon and challah French toast are a match made in boozy breakfast heaven, especially when all you need to do is pop this casserole in the oven and serve up it up with some spiked maple syrup. You can cook Mike's Bourbon French Toast using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Bourbon French Toast
- It’s of ● For The French Toast Soak [4 slices per serving].
- Prepare 8 of 2" Thick Cibatta Bread Slices.
- It’s Dash of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 of LG Fresh Eggs [whipped].
- It’s 2 of LG Dashes Whole Milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Burbon Whiskey.
- It’s of ● For The Syrup [well heated].
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Quality Burbon Whiskey.
- It’s of ● For The Toppings.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Strawberries [rinsed & dabbed dry].
- Prepare as needed of Whipped Topping.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Mint Leaves.
- It’s as needed of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare as needed of Powdered Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Salted Butter Pads.
- You need as needed of Lemon Zest.
Cut bread into half inch slices and dip into mixture. Place into frying pan coated with oil. When you're baking for a family with kids, a huge concern can be about adding bourbon to the French toast bake. The flavor of the bourbon definitely comes through, but the alcohol cooks off in the oven.
Mike's Bourbon French Toast step by step
- Use a quality Burbon. Makers Mark makes a great Burbon as well but I was out..
- Whisk your eggs, milk, cinnamon vanilla and Burbon in a bowl. Soak your thick sliced bread in it for 2 minutes on each side..
- Fry bread until eggs are fully cooked and crispy..
- Heat your maple syrup and whiskey in the microwave or on the stove top..
- Plate and garnish dish with powdered sugar, cinnamon whipped cream, fresh mint, lemon zest and strawberries. Serve hot maple Burbon syrup to the side. Enjoy!.
Make breakfast easy on yourself with this super EASY and delicious overnight french toast bake! Whip it up the night before, pop it in the refrigerator, and just bake the next morning. But this isn't any ordinary french toast bake… this one has warm cinnamon running all through it, and is spiked with a bit of bourbon! Cover and keep warm until ready to use. To make batter: In a large bowl, whisk eggs and salt.