Banana French Toast Crisp. Banana French Toast Crisp ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. Ode to the master, Bobbly Flay. You need a thick hearty bread for this, nothing thinner than texas toast.
Arrange bread cubes in baking dish. French Toast is a lovely breakfast or tea time treat and adding caramelized bananas to this classic recipe is a genius twist. This yields a crisp-from-the-outside and soft-on-the-inside toast with a ton of flavor and intensity lent by the caramelized bananas. You can have Banana French Toast Crisp using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana French Toast Crisp
- You need 6 slices of thick cut cinnamon-raisin bread; lightly toasted.
- Prepare 6 of bananas; quatered.
- Prepare 1/2 C of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 C of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of butter; cubed & softened.
- Prepare 1/4 t of iodized salt.
- Prepare 1/2 t of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 C of half and half.
- It’s 1 t of banana extract.
- You need 1/2 t of cinnamon extract.
It's a great and filling way to start your day. This Banana French Toast Bake has layers of luscious caramelized bananas and rich, buttery croissants bathed in delicious egg custard and topped with crunchy frosted corn flakes! This special brunch casserole combines all your breakfast favorites in one delicious, easy casserole perfect for brunch, special weekends and holidays. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
Banana French Toast Crisp instructions
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Combine flour, oats, iodized salt, brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon, and butter in a large bowl. Use your fingers to mix and squeeze the butter together to make thin paper like crumbles..
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, half and half, 1/2 t cinnamon, and banana extract..
- Butter a medium sized casserole dish. Lay toast down to cover the bottom. Cut one or two slices in half to fill the gaps. Lay down the bananas atop the bread..
- Pour the half and half mixture over the bread and bananas. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Press oat mixture atop bananas..
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes..
- Garnish by pouring maple syrup and chocolate chips around a slice of the crisp, not atop. Sift powdered sugar atop..
- Variations; Bourbon, apples, honey, granulated sugar, caramel, cognac, choclate sauce, dstes, figs, almonds, macadamia, cashews, peanuts, pecans, raisins, rum, vanilla, peaches.
Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary. Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. One Bowl Vegan Banana French Toast that's reminiscent of banana bread. Super moist, tender with a slight crisp.