Cinnamon Toast. DIRECTIONS Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Toast bread till brown (in toaster). Spread butter or margarine onto one side of each slice.
Dump in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. You can cook Cinnamon Toast using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Toast
- It’s 1 of white bread.
- You need 1 of cinnamon sugar (mixed).
- Prepare 1 of butter.
The trick here that makes this so different than any other cinnamon toast is you make a paste of sorts with the softened butter, cinnamon, sugar, and a pinch of salt. That paste gets spread over the bread and baked. When I was a child, Cinnamon Toast was the perfect after-school snack. Open the door, take off coat, put a couple slices of bread in the toaster, and toast.
Cinnamon Toast instructions
- i use a cookie sheet pan, use whatever is convenient for you.
- use how ever many slices of bread you like.
- cover 1 side of the slice of bread with butter, a thin layer is better, because the more butter.. the more soggy it will be.
- sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on just the 1 side of the buttered slice, the amount of cinnamon sugar depends on yourself, i cover the whole thing.
- bake in a oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes, or until the bread is like toast.
Then spread with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and voila – a delightful, sweet treat. It took skill; if you weren't careful holding that spoon you would end up with hilly clumps instead of an even spread. When I mentioned to my friend Heidi that I wanted to write about cinnamon toast she declared, "But it's so easy!" Then I asked her how she made hers. Toasted sliced bread smothered in butter and sprinkled with a generous amount of cinnamon sugar (perfect cinnamon and sugar mixture). A quick and easy, budget friendly, go-to treat cherished for generations- often served with hot chocolate.