Classic French Toast. This is the best french toast recipe I've ever tried. The only change I made was to use Pepperidge Farm's French Toast Bread. This bread is thick and very dense.
Lay the bread slices in one layer (it's OK if they overlap a little) on a baking sheet. Drizzled with syrup and dusted with powdered sugar, Classic French Toast is the perfect recipe for a special weekend brunch with your family. A classic French Toast Recipe that is soaked in an egg, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon mixture. You can have Classic French Toast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic French Toast
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk or water.
- You need .5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 slices of bread.
- It’s As needed of maple syrup.
Then pan-fried to golden perfection for a great breakfast idea. This classic French Toast is a delicious and easy recipe to make with only a few ingredients. This Classic French Toast recipe is easy, uses simple pantry ingredients, and has a secret ingredient that makes a thicker batter with cinnamon sugar flavors that really set it apart. One of our family's favorite breakfasts!
Classic French Toast instructions
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Use a spoon to press into the sides of the dish so that the cinnamon is evenly distributed. Set aside..
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and whisk until even in colour. A pie plate or a Tupperware sandwich container work great..
- Add the milk and a pinch of the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the egg and blend. This is your 'bath' for the bread..
- Set a frying pan on the stove that can hold two slices of bread. Put a dollop of butter in the pan to melt, and then grab your bread slices. Time to dunk!.
- Place one slice of bread flat in the egg bath for 5 seconds, and flip it and do the same for the other side. Put the soaked bread in the pan and continue with the second slice. If you need more, add some milk..
- It takes about 4-6 minutes to cook most of the bread on one side, depending on the level of heat and how soaked the bread is. You want to see some golden patches – this means the egg is cooked. Flip the slices over and sprinkle the now-cooked tops with the sugar mixture..
- Once done, place your sugar bread on a plate and cut each into 4 strips. Drizzle with maple syrup and devour with forks or fingers. Enjoy!.
Saturday mornings are for yummy breakfasts that are fancier then anything I'd make during the week. Immediately remove to serving plate; keep warm. I added all of the spices as suggested and enjoyed the taste, although I would probably use less nutmeg next time. I used the rest of a loaf of french bread that we had bought the night before, so that made it extra tastey. I also followed another reviewer's suggestion and covered the pan with a lid so the middle.