Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream. The inspiration comes primarily from our love of brioche bread. We. both have had stuffed French toast before, but never tried making it. So, this was also an exciting new breakfast to create.
Flip bread and soak second side. Coat the griddle with butter and fry until golden brown on both sides. Fill the pocket in the French Toast with cream cheese filling. You can cook Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream
- You need 6-8 slices of brioche bread (depends on size of slices).
- You need of confectioners sugar for garnish (optional).
- It’s 2 of tbls. butter for cooking.
- Prepare of Egg Mixture:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of tbls. heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tsp. of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of tbls. Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Compote:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- You need 2 of tbls. Lemon juice.
- You need of *You can serve your compote chilled or warm**.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Filling:.
- Prepare 6 oz. of whipped cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of tbls. chopped fresh mint.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon zest.
- You need 1-2 tsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Granulated sugar.
- You need of Whipped Cream:.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2-4 of tbls. confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
To make the French toast portion of this recipe you'll need a loaf of brioche bread, eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon! And then, of course, you'll need blueberries, sugar, lemon, and lemon juice for the blueberry compote. Finally, you'll want to brown some butter for serving! To make the french toast, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved.
Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream step by step
- Make your blueberry compote. Add 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, and 2 Tbls. of fresh lemon juice to a small pot. Set the heat to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir frequently for about 10 minutes. When most of the blueberries have broken down, add the remaining 1 cup of fresh blueberries and let cook for another minute or two. Turn off heat and set the compote aside. You may serve this warm or chilled, depending on preference..
- Make your cream cheese filling. Chop approximately 1 Tbls. of fresh mint and add to a small bowl with 6 oz. of whipped cream cheese. Add 1 Tsp. of lemon zest to the bowl. Add about 1 Tsp. of honey and 1 Tsp. off granulated sugar. Mix until everything is evenly distributed. Don’t forget to taste and see if you need to adjust it to your liking! Place in the fridge until needed..
- Make your whipped cream. Place 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into a chilled mixing bowl (To do this, place a mixing bowl and whisk or whisk attachments in your freezer for 10-15 minutes). Add at least 2 Tbls. of confectioners sugar and 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract. We used 4. Tbls. of sugar to make the whipped cream sweeter. Using a stand mixer, egg beater, or your own hands, whisk the mixture until you’ve reached stiff peaks and the whipped cream holds it’s shape. Place in the fridge until needed..
- Make your egg mixture. Crack 3 eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbls. of heavy cream, 2 Tsp. of ground cinnamon, 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 Tbls. granulated sugar and whisk until well-mixed. Of course, you can adjust these amounts as needed. Maybe you like to turn the sweetness up even more!.
- Slice the brioche loaf into 8 thick (about 1 inch or so) slices. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on one side of each slide. Take two slices and place one on top of the other as if you were assembling a sandwich, with the cream cheese in the middle. Dredge each ‘sandwich’ in the egg mixture. Leave the sandwich submerged, flipping a few times, for about 10-15 seconds. This will ensure your bread has soaked up all the wonderful gooeyness. While preparing the French toast, place about 2 Tbls.
- Okay, you have made it to the end. Assemble your French toast with the whipped cream and blueberry compote. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, fresh mint and/or maple syrup if desired! Now go eat..
Dip the bread in the egg mix so it is thoroughly coated. Fry slices in the butter until golden brown on both sides. Serve the french toast with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and the blueberry compote. Spread each of the other six slices with a heaping tablespoon of jam, and then invert them onto the halves with the cream cheese, making sandwiches. In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, and salt.