Baked French Toast. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. This was my first try at a baked French toast, and it was YUMMY!
For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and, if desired, nutmeg. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. You can cook Baked French Toast using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked French Toast
- You need 8 slices of bread.
- It’s of Custard.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 125 ml of plain yoghurt or buttermilk.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s of Raspberry filling.
- You need 1 pack of raspberries.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 5 tablespoons of water.
- It’s of Juice of ½ a lemon or lime.
Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight. For the French toast: Grease the baking pan with butter. Tear the bread into chunks, or cut into cubes, and evenly distribute in the pan. Crack the eggs in a big bowl.
Baked French Toast instructions
- Prepare custard by whisking eggs, milk, plain yoghurt, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder into a bowl..
- Dip your bread in the custard on both sides and make sure bread is fully coated. Drip excess custard and place them in a baking dish..
- Pour the excess custard into the baking dish and refrigerate for 1hr for the bread to absorb the custard and flavours (it's like marinating)..
- Preheat oven to 180°C for 20 minutes. Spray your oven tray with oil and lay the bread leaving space between them so that they don't stick together. Sprinkle a little oil on the upper side as well..
- Bake for 8 minutes and flip for the other side to cook through. Bake for an additional 6 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and serve with raspberry filling on top (check previous post for recipe) and garnish with extra raspberries and blueberries..
Adjust oven racks, one on lowest position and the other in the middle position. French toast is a favorite comfort food for both lazy Saturday mornings and celebratory brunches. But before you pull out your skillet, try taking a casserole approach to French toast. If you're like most of us, you cherish sleeping in on Saturdays and waking up just in time to roll out of bed and do nothing. French Toast Recipes French Toast I French Toast I.