French Toast Bread Pudding. Dried Cherries Add A Festive Touch To This Bread Pudding. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, honey, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Pour the mixture over the bread and press the bread down.
Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten. Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten completely. You start with a loaf of challah, cut it into thick. You can cook French Toast Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Toast Bread Pudding
- Prepare of Day old bread or rolls, cubed.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of milk (dairy or nut).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 dash of all spice.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Syrup of choice (we use a premade sugar free syrup).
Add the bread cubes to the bowl and stir gently. Gently stir in the raisins and pour the mixture into the baking dish. This delicious overnight French toast reminds me of a cross between creme brulee and a very moist, custardy bread pudding. Serve it with butter and maple syrup and a side of bacon for a scrumptious breakfast that everyone will love!
French Toast Bread Pudding instructions
- Find food storage container and fill with cubed bread. I used leftover rolls from my "Unexpected dinner rolls" recipe..
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, milk, and spices. Beat well and pour over top of bread. Seal lid and store in fridge overnight..
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pour bread mixture into baking dish and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes..
- Portion out and drizzle with syrup..
Pour egg mixture over bread cubes in liner. Using the back of a large spoon, press lightly to moisten bread completely. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla. Make sure that bread slices are saturated with liquid. Bread pudding and French toast are both recipes that are easy to adjust to fit your favorite flavors.