Overnight French Toast. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. Overnight French Toast Be the first to rate & review! This delicious overnight French toast reminds me of a cross between creme brulee and a very moist, custardy bread pudding.
Instead of standing over the stove, cooking slice after slice, it bakes in the oven and emerges puffed and golden and. Instructions Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. You can cook Overnight French Toast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Overnight French Toast
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter/margarine.
- It’s 12 slices of white bread.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl until thoroughly combined; pour over bread in the baking dish. Place the bread slices over the sugar-butter mixture in the dish. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt; pour this mixture over the bread. Cover the dish and let it stand in the refrigerator overnight.
Overnight French Toast instructions
- Melt butter and pour into a 9×13 pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
- Layer bottom of pan with half the bread, then sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Layer second half of bread..
- Pour egg mixture over it all and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture..
- Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- In the morning, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place covered in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes..
For the French toast: Grease the baking pan with butter. Tear the bread into chunks, or cut into cubes, and evenly distribute in the pan. Crack the eggs in a big bowl. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish overlapping if necessary. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom.