Cinnamon Sugar, Bacon and Cheese French Toast. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Flip the sandwich so that the sugar side lands flat in the frying pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the opposite side before flipping.
Preheat skillet or cooking pan to medium high heat and add butter. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add apples, sugar and cinnamon; stir to evenly coat apples. You can cook Cinnamon Sugar, Bacon and Cheese French Toast using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Sugar, Bacon and Cheese French Toast
- It’s 8 Slices of Bread (not fresh).
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 100-150 ml of Milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 250 g of Bacon.
- It’s 250 g of Cheese.
- It’s 250 g of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need of Golden Syrup.
This delicious bacon cinnamon roll french toast casserole is our new favorite breakfast. If desired, sprinkle sandwich with powdered sugar and serve with a side of maple syrup. Gently stretch out each biscuit half just a bit; add small scoop of cream cheese in center. Your French toast doesn't need to look plain.
Cinnamon Sugar, Bacon and Cheese French Toast instructions
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together to make cinnamon sugar as you would for pancakes. Set aside..
- Fry bacon a a frying pan. Set aside..
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Warm a frying pan and ads a bit of oil to keep the bread from sticking..
- One slice at a time, dip the bread into the egg mixture. Place the egg soaked bread into the warm pan. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar on the side that is not touching the pan before flipping it over. Keep the heat low to allow the egg to cook and bread to brown without scorching the sugar. Flip over and remove from pan. Do this will all 8 slices..
- On the side that has NOT been sugared, place bacon and cheese. Close the sandwich with another slice of bread, sugar on the inside..
- Sprinkle more sugar on the outside on top. Flip the sandwich so that the sugar side lands flat in the frying pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the opposite side before flipping. This is to allow the outside to also brown, sugar to caramelize and the cheese to melt on the inside..
- Plate and serve with a sprinkle of cheese, and a drizzle of golden syrup..
- For a savory version simply leave out the cinnamon sugar. Serve with Tomato sauce, Sweet Chilli sauce or any other condement of choice..
There are many ways you can dress it up. Instead of cooking it in a pan, try baking them in a muffin tray to make cute little French toast bowls! You can also try French toast roll ups which I like to do for my cinnamon and cream cheese glaze toppings. Sprinkle the one side with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Sprinkle with the top with cinnamon sugar before flipping and repeating.