Stained Glass Cookies with Store-bought Candies. Great recipe for Stained Glass Cookies with Store-bought Candies. I created this recipe because I wanted to make easy and cute cookies. Make with the kids or give them as presents.
The center of the cookie is cut out with a smaller cookie cutter. The center is then filled with crushed colorful Jolly Rancher hard candies. Latest Video: I turned a viral video game into healthy food! You can have Stained Glass Cookies with Store-bought Candies using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stained Glass Cookies with Store-bought Candies
- It’s 1 of whole or half amount Cookie dough.
- You need 1 of Store-bought candies (small candies are useful).
For a fun swirly stained-glass look, mix two colors of crushed candies. For best results, bake one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven. Choose cookie cutters with smaller cutters that work well for cutting the inside out of each cookie for the crushed fruit candies. You can often find the same cookie cutter in different sizes.
Stained Glass Cookies with Store-bought Candies instructions
- Prepare the candies. If you are using store-bought small candies, you don't need to crush them. When you are using normal-size candies that don't fit into the cutout, please crush them..
- Make the cookie dough.. Half the recipe will make about 1 baking sheet of cookies. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145561-easy-and-addictive-cookies-crispy-without-eggs.
- Cut shapes with your favourite cookie cutter. Place the cookie dough on parchment paper, and cut out a shape in the middle so that you can put candies inside. Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Bake only the dough in the oven preheated to 170℃ for 10 minutes before putting candies inside. Once baked, remove the baking sheet from the oven..
- Place the candies inside the cutout section. Adjust the amount of candies depending on the size of the cutout..
- Return the cookies to the oven heated to 170℃, and bake for about 7 minutes until the candies have melted..
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and slide off the cookies with the parchment paper. Let them cool. When the candies have hardened, they are done..
These stained glass window cookies are made with my favorite sugar cookies. Cut out the center of each and fill with crushed hard candies before baking. The candy melts as the cookies bake, creating a gorgeous windowpane effect. There's no extra decorating or icing required! These beautiful stained glass cookies are buttery sugar cookies with a candy center.