Maple pecan shortbread cookies. Easy maple pecan shortbread cookies that you slice and bake! I roll the log in coarse sugar and pecans for added texture. Trust me; these pecan sandies are so easy to make, you'll make them all the time!
But to give these much needed additional flavor and a fall twist, we're adding maple and chopped pecans. These cookies are dipped in a maple glaze comprised of maple syrup and powdered sugar. Because why the heck not add some more fall feeling to these cookies. You can have Maple pecan shortbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Maple pecan shortbread cookies
- It’s of cookie dough.
- You need 8 oz of unsalted butter , 2 sticks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of egg yolk.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of pecans/ medium chop.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
A delicious spin on classic shortbread cookies – these are light and buttery with the crunch of pecans and the hint of maple. They make the perfect holiday dessert treat for gift-giving. They're made with almond flour, which is higher in good-for-you fats and has more vitamins and minerals than grain-based flours. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and light, about one minute.
Maple pecan shortbread cookies step by step
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar about 4 minutes until it becomes very creamy..
- Add sugar and beat until sugar is well incorporated..
- Add the egg, maple syrup and vanilla and again beat until well incorporated..
- Mix in flour and nuts until just incorporated. You do not want to over beat at this step..
- Divide your cookie dough in two. Place each half on a large piece of plastic wrap..
- With your hands start to form a basic log shape, about 1 1/2 " in diameter..
- Fold plastic wrap around log shape and continue to roll to get as round a shape as possible..
- Freeze logs 15 minutes to help firm up dough to cut. Do not freeze any longer!.
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Take chilled dough, unwrap from plastic and cut into 1 1/2 " cuts. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. Cookies should just get a light golden brown edge. Do not overcook..
- Transfer to cool on a rack..
- Take cooled cookies and dip half into powdered sugar shaking off excess..
- Store tightly sealed..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Add the maple syrup, egg yolk, and extract; beat on medium speed until well combined. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. A maple shortbread cookie loaded with pecans! This item is available for local delivery or pickup at our Eastern Ave, Summerlin, and Centennial locations. The cookies are unique because they are more like a scone than a traditional cookie, plus they have raw sugar in them for even more texture.