[Ghibli] Totoro Character Cookies. Great recipe for [Ghibli] Totoro Character Cookies. I was test-baking these cookies to give them to a friend of mine who loves the Ghibli characters. They came out rather cute, so I thought that I should post the recipe.
The timeless classic, Totoro/My Neighbor Totoro, alludes to the relationship between Shintoism and nature, represented in Totoro, the spirit of the forest. More than just an animistic being, Totoro is, at his core, a protector. Super Mario Bros., Star Wars, Minions, Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, My Neighbor Totoro, Doraemon & Dr. You can have [Ghibli] Totoro Character Cookies using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Ghibli] Totoro Character Cookies
- Prepare 1 of [Plain cookie dough] Refer to Miltie's recipe.
- It’s 120 grams of ＊ Cake flour.
- It’s 40 grams of ＊ Sugar.
- You need 60 grams of ＊ Margarine.
- Prepare of [Leaves].
- Prepare 1 of spoonful which comes with the food coloring or a few drops ＊ Green food coloring.
- Prepare of [Soot Sprites].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊ Cocoa powder.
- You need of [Large Totoro].
- You need 1 tbsp of ＊ Ground black sesame seeds.
- You need 1 of ＊ Black sesame seeds.
- You need of [Eyes].
- You need 1 of ＊ Chocolate chips.
Slump favourites lovingly created in icing atop a shaped cookie base that obviously look good enough to eat. "Hi! I'm YOH… Required Cookies & Technologies. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. He's included in Studio Ghibli's film My Neighbor Totoro, just as its spin-off, Mei and the Kittenbus.
[Ghibli] Totoro Character Cookies instructions
- Combine the cake flour and sugar, add and cream the margarine, then knead with your hands until the dough comes together..
- Divide the dough into 3 big pieces and 1 little piece (for the leaves). Add the coloring ingredients to each piece and knead the different colors of dough until the coloring is evenly distributed..
- Chill the dough in the freezer for about 5 minutes (it will be hard to form the dough if it is soft)..
- Soot Sprites! Roll out the cocoa cookie dough into circles. Use plain cookie dough to make two small circles for the eyes..
- Little Totoro! Roll out the plain cookie dough into an egg shape. Create 2 small triangles for the ears and 2 small circles for the eyes, and assemble them to make a little Totoro..
- Large Totoro! Roll out the black sesame cookie dough into an egg shape and make 2 small triangles for the ears. Assemble them to make a large Totoro..
- Roll out the plain cookie dough into 2 circles for the eyes and an oval shape for the belly, and place them on the large Totoro's body..
- Place pairs of 2 grains of black sesame seeds together on the belly and push them in to make the pattern as shown in the picture (3 on top and 4 at the bottom)..
- Place chocolate chips on the centers of the eyes of the Soot Sprites, Little Totoro, and Large Totoro..
- Make the green cookie dough into leaf shapes and place them on the heads of the Little Totoro and Large Totoro..
- Bake the dough in an oven preheated to 170℃ for 12-15 minutes and let cool..
- Adjust the baking time according to the oven manufacturer's recommendations. The plain dough was overdone at 15 minutes with my oven..
- Ponyo cookies.
- Porco Rosso cookie.
- Kodama cookie.
- Jiji cookie.
Tatsuo Kusakabe. is the husband of Yasuko Kusakabe and the father of Satsuki and Mei who works at a college as a professor of Archaeology. Catbus. s a transporting animal bus-looking character in My neighbor totoro. Small Totoro appears as a magnet on Lisa's fridge in Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. Like the film name, his Chinese name counterpart is also 龍貓. The Japanese book has a character introduction page, where it is named as big totoro and his friends are named middle and small totoro.