Rum Raisin Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches. Rum raisin cream cheese, sandwiched in bird-shaped sablé cookies. Caramel cream cheese with strained yogurt. Before you jump to Rum Raisin Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
Just don't eat and drive, the rum flavour is gloriously robust in these decadent ice-cream sandwiches. Rum and raisin ice-cream is pelted with errant rum ball mixture and dulce de leche, and is all the better for it. These Oatmeal Rum Raisin Ice Cream Sandwiches are a mouthful to say, but they're a must this summer. You can have Rum Raisin Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rum Raisin Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- You need 8 of Cookies/Biscuits, not too thin.
- You need 2 tsp of Raisins preserved in rum or rehydrated in hot water.
- Prepare 2 of Plums preserved in rum (optional).
- You need 5 tbsp of Strained yogurt or Quark.
- It’s 1 tsp of Honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of Shredded coconut.
- Prepare of Cheese version:.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Drained yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Shredded coconut.
- It’s 6 of Walnuts, Almonds, or other nuts.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of or more Molasses/Kuromitsu.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rum.
They're made up of homemade iced oatmeal cookies, just like the Mother's Cookies I ate as a kid. Mother's the cookie company, not my mother because my mother doesn't bake. Freeze for a few hours, or until solid. You'll need an ice cream maker for this rum raisin ice cream recipe.
Rum Raisin Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches step by step
- Put the raisins and finely chopped plums in the strained yogurt or quark. Add the honey and coconut flakes and mix lightly..
- Place a cookie on top of plastic wrap and spread with about 2 teaspoons of filling. Lay another cookie on top. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the freezer..
- Ready to eat in about an hour, or they can be eaten the next day, of course..
- I used 1/2 teaspoon honey, but if you're using raisins that have not been preserved in rum, 1 teaspoon is just about right..
- Crush the walnuts before putting them in the cheese version. Soften the cream cheese, add the remaining ingredients and mix. Sandwich the filling between cookies and freeze..
- You can also freeze them in a plastic container. Wait for 5-15 minutes after taking them out of the freezer before serving..
- These are not very sweet, so taste and adjust the amount of honey or molasses to your liking..
- Round cookies are cute and nice to serve to guests..
- Cranberry Cheese version. Sweet-tart cranberries go well with the cheese..
- Rum raisin cream cheese, sandwiched in bird-shaped sablé cookies..
- Caramel cream cheese with strained yogurt. These look delicious..
- With cocoa added. They look really good, with chunky nuts..
- Don't these cookies look delicious?.
That said, you don't need any fancy equipment to make this. I use an inexpensive Cuisinart ice cream machine affiliate link. The kind with the freeze-able canister. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Mary Berry's Quick Cooking rum and raisin ice cream is so simple to make and freezes for up to two months.