Sugar Cookies. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
You can add food coloring to the topping if you like. Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that make a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, or decorate them with icing to make them festive. You can cook Sugar Cookies using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies
- It’s of Cookie.
- It’s 1 cup of Shortening (Melted).
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 4 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Margarine.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 3 cup of Powder Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
This recipe is a favorite of Martha's, who likes to add one tablespoon cognac alongside the egg and vanilla, after creaming together the butter and sugar. Fill the cookie jar with sugar cookies for an old-fashioned favorite that never goes out of style. This collection of sugar cookie recipes includes the best-of-the-best batches. Place the shapes on the prepared cookie sheet.
Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt shortening in microwave. Do not boil..
- Mix melted shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat quickly, until creamy..
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, and mix well..
- Add flour and milk, alternating between the two..
- Roll out onto floured surface until 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Thickness is as desired. My family enjoys a thicker sugar cookie. Cut into any shape you like..
- Place on center oven rack of preheated 350° F oven, for 7 to 14 minutes. Time depends on thickness, and size of cookies you've made. They are done right as the edges start to turn a light golden color..
- Frosting time! Melt margarine in microwave. Add salt, vanilla extract, milk, and enough powdered sugar to beat until thick and smooth. You can add additional milk until you get desired consistency (not more than 3 T. total). Now add a tiny bit of water for a good spreading consistency..
- Once cookies are done, remove and let cool. Once cooled, it's time to frost those cookies… get creative! ! Use different colors, add sprinkles, have fun!.
- Let frosting dry, then Eat.Them.Cookies..
If decorating with colored sugar, brush the cookies with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar (if using royal icing, leave unfinished). In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until. Creamed butter and sugar provide the base of the cookie dough.