Rainbow cookies. Get Rainbow Cookies Recipe from Food Network. Line the pans with waxed paper; grease the paper. Place almond paste in a large bowl; break up with a fork.
You can always count on Molly for a delicate, delicious dessert — exactly what rainbow cookies should be. The recipe starts off by calling for egg whites that are whipped into stiff peaks, then. A Cook from Brooklyn, NY / flag if inappropriate. You can have Rainbow cookies using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow cookies
- You need 1 packages of sugar cookie mix (or homemade).
- You need 1 box of neon food coloring.
- You need 1 each of flour (for dusting if batter is soft).
- Prepare 1 of rainbow sprinkles.
Gradually add almond paste; mix well. Gradually add flour, butter, salt and extract. Ferrara's traditional rainbow (tricolori) cookies are made in-house daily from a secret recipe that Antonio Ferrara used when he opened the bakery. This Tri-color or Rainbow cookie features layers of cake made from almond & macaroon paste that are sandwiched with apricot jam and coated in chocolate The Italian rainbow cookie has always been the saving grace of any cookie platter.
Rainbow cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Make mix according to instructions. I used Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and followed the regular instructions instead of the cut out or roll out options. (This is why the flour was needed to help work the batter.).
- Evenly divide the batter into 4 or five portions. Add one chosen food color to each divided portion. I used pink, purple, blue, green and regular food color yellow. Now just FYI … You can eliminate the yellow and it will look just fine and stretch out the batter..
- Take a grape size or smaller portion of each color and roll into a ball. Then roll each ball together to make a bigger ball. It will look like a beach ball. (The flour comes into play here by dusting your hands with it to roll each ball and then dust lightly the surface for the next step.).
- Now take the ball and roll into a 6 inch long cylinder (log). Then wrap it like the big lollipops or a pinwheel, twisting the log so more colors show..
- And now add your sprinkles. The pinterest picture shows the sprinkles around the edges, but I just sprinkled mine over the top because it was hard to handle..
- Put them in the oven on a greased cookie sheet or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until there is a light brown around edges..
- Note* You can use any color you want. And you have to watch the size of each color because the cookie will spread in the oven. The sprinkles are optional. And the original recipe said one package yielded 14 balls of each cookie. I used three packages and managed 54 cookies. Some with less colors..
Colorful layers of almond cake sandwiched with raspberry jam and coated in chocolate, it is truly the perfect. The classic rainbow cookie is made with tinted layers of an almond-paste flavored cookie dough that, after baking, is spread with seedless raspberry preserves and then weighted to seal the layers. The cookies are then divided into long strips, coated with melted dark chocolate, and cut into slices.- Rainbow Cookies. Place the rainbow dough in the center and wrap the plain dough around it, again, pinching together any cracks and smoothing out the surface. Ferrara's traditional rainbow (tricolori) cookies are made in-house daily from a secret recipe that Antonio Ferrara used when he opened the bakery.