Burger Cookies. Available for ordering online or at local retailers. Berger's is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. As always, our bakery takes rigorous steps to ensure the safety of our products.
Sweetened and flavored with vanilla extract, the cakey cookie has a tenderness and savory quality that can be attributed to the. Pipe red and yellow icing on peppermint pattie for mustard and ketchup; top with remaining cookie, frosting side down. Top each wafer with a peppermint patty. You can have Burger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Burger Cookies
- It’s 1 of pouch(1lb. 1.5oz.) sugar cookie mix.
- It’s 3 tbsp of a.p flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 of Few drops of green food coloring.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vanilla frosting (I used the store bought kind).
- Prepare 16 of Chocolate covered Peppermint Patties ( I used mini York Peppermint Patties).
- It’s 1 of 4.25 oz. Red decorating icing (I used Betty Crocker).
- Prepare 1 of 4.25oz. Yellow decorating icing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Beat butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla until combined. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Squeeze wafers together, forming sandwich cookies, and invert.
Burger Cookies step by step
- Heat oven to 375.
- In mixing bowl stir cookie mix, flower, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Shape into 30 to 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Right when they come out of the oven flatten half of them. Those will be the bottom bun. Cool completely.
- In small zip top bag place coconut and food coloring. Close bag. Mix all together until coconut is tinted green.
- In a small bowl mix honey and water..
- Now to make the cookies take one of the flattened cookies, spread a little bit of the vanilla frosting, then place 1 peppermint patty on the frosting, pipe a little red icing, then yellow, sprinkle a little coconut, top with rounded cookie. Next brush a little bit of honey mixture on and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
The buns are cookies with actual sesame seeds on the top "bun" which give them an unusual but not unpleasant aftertaste. The "burger" is a dollop of that Japanese chocolate that tastes more like chocolate flavored wax, but then again, if it isn't European chocolate it's pretty much going to taste like it was made with sour milk anyway. These Mini Burger Cookies look like the real deal, but they're actually a sweet, tiny, fun dessert. I spotted these Mini Burger Cookies over at Six Sisters' Stuff and knew I had to try them out with my own family. As a rule of thumb with any treat that I have my kids help me with, I try to make sure I have all the ingredients ready to go and.