Filled Sugar Cookies. Cream shortening, sugar and beaten egg. Mix in dry ingredients, then alternate mixing in with milk. Chill dough overnight or as long as it takes to make the dough easy to handle.
Chocolate Whole Wheat Coconut Sugar Cookies KitchenAid. COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt on a sheet of parchment paper; set aside. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy in large bowl, with an electric mixer. You can have Filled Sugar Cookies using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Filled Sugar Cookies
- Prepare of Cookie:.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk (I used cashew).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of ap flour.
- You need of Filling:.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped raisins.
- It’s 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 Tbs of ap flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Why You Need to Try These Date Cookies. If you have never these date cookies, they are literally amazing.
Filled Sugar Cookies step by step
- With electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add powder, soda and salt. Mix.
- Add beaten egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing and scraping down the bowl between additions.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, put back in bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In medium sauce pan add all filling ingredients..
- Cook over medium-low heat until thickened and liquid is nearly gone.
- Set filling aside.
- On clean, dry, well floured surface, roll out cookie dough and cut out cookies..
- Roll out and cut until all dough is used (about 24 cookies).
- Place half the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets..
- Place approximately 1 Tbs of filling in center of each cookie.
- Cover each with the other cut out cookies and seal edges. Vent the tops with a fork.
- Bake 12 minutes, rotating once.
- Cool completely on wire racks. Store in air tight container.
- You can use dried cranberries, figs or dried plums and any nut combo.
They feature a mild, chewy cookie with a soft center. No other date cookie we've tried has ever compared. These caramel filled sugar cookies are prime Fall cookies. Easy and delicious with all the right flavors. Add a cup of coffee, milk or Hot Chocolate for a nice coze with your favorite book.