Naster (Pineapple Jam filled cookies). Pineapple cookies are traditional treats in Indonesia and some of its neighboring countries. They are called "nastar", which is an abbreviation for pineapple tart in Indonesian language. These cookies are filled with spiced pineapple jam and they are popular for their melt-in-the-mouth texture.
And for me, Eid-al-Fitr is not complete without this Nastar cookies. It has to be there, available on every table of every. Make a depression in the center of each ball and fill with pineapple jam filling. You can have Naster (Pineapple Jam filled cookies) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Naster (Pineapple Jam filled cookies)
- Prepare of for pineapple jam.
- Prepare 1 of Ripe pineapple cut into cubes.
- Prepare 150 grms of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of for the cookie dough.
- Prepare 350 grms of Butter.
- You need 100 grms of Condensed milk.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 500 grms of All purposeFlour.
- It’s of egg wash.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
Pinch the edges of the dough back around the filling, and turn seam side down. Indonesian Nastar Cookies have delicious pineapple inside. These cookies are eaten for Natale (Christmas), the Chinese New Year and Lebaran (Eid al-Fitr). They're also eaten in Malaysia and Singapore.
Naster (Pineapple Jam filled cookies) instructions
- Beat the butter and the condensed milk till creamy.Add egg at 5 min intervals.Then gradually add the flour and make a soft dough..
- For Jam – Cube the pineapples and add the sugar and the lemon juice.Cook the pineapples till they are add mushy and all the moisture is dried up.If u want u can blend the jam too.
- Divide the dough equally and make small balls.Flatten the dough balls and fill our pineapple jam.
- Seal the jam and place the biscuits on the baking tray.Whisk the egg yolk and milk and brush the cookies with the yolk.Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 165 The Celsius for 20 to 25 min.
- Enjoy the sweet and sour cookies as it is or with a cuppa tea / coffee.
Lin wrote the following about them from Indonesia: Cookies with Pineapple Jam Filling (Nastar) Nastar, or tananas, are pineapple jam filled cookies. Nastar is a small cookies filled with pineapple jam and really very easy to make at home. These are popular treats for Eid ul-Fitr and Christmas celebrations in Indonesia. Nastar is a small cookies filled with pineapple jam and quite simple to make. I might say that the majority of the work is on making pineapple jam.