Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
Make jumbo cookies—use a measuring cup or cookie/ice cream scoop to scoop dough. What's your favorite way to riff on this classic recipe? There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies. You can have Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 of medium-sized egg.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk chocolate bar (cut into chunks).
- You need 1/2 cup of dark chocolate (cut into chunks).
- You need of Optional for a different kind of cookie:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white chocolate bar (cut into chunks).
- It’s 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (slightly crushed).
Number one: Don't use chips; instead, opt for a mix of milk or semisweet and dark chocolate chunks. The second is to let the dough rest overnight or longer for a more complex, toffee-like flavor. Lastly, use an ice cream scooper to get even-sized cookies every time. These Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are seriously delicious and the PERFECT cookie!
Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies instructions
- Let’s get started making these incredible cookies!.
- First step is to combine both sugars and melted butter in a medium-sized bowl using a silicone spatula or a wooden mixing spoon..
- Next, mix in the egg and vanilla..
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well..
- This is your base cookie dough. Now is the perfect time to get creative with toppings! For this recipe I’ve chosen to make a traditional chocolate chunk cookie, and a white chocolate chunk cookie with macadamia nuts. Other topping options can be: m&ms, crushed up Oreo cookies, or chocolate chips and pretzels..
- (If you are going to a traditional chocolate chunk cookie recipe, the best way to cut your chocolate bars into chunks is just by using a sharp knife. Don’t worry about the chunks being even. Those uneven chocolate chunks will give you different size chocolate pockets which we all know and love in our cookies.).
- Add in your toppings to the cookie dough and mix well. Now I know it’s not recommended but YOLO so I always sample my raw cookie dough because who doesn’t like cookie dough? (Just don’t eat it all then and there!).
- Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap and chill in the fridge for a minimum of one hour..
- Pro tip: The longer your cookie dough chills, the more intense and complex the flavor will be. Some bakeries let their cookie dough chill for 24hrs or more! But, if you don’t have the patience to do that —like me—chill for at least an hour and you will still get an incredible cookie packed with flavor..
- After chilling for an hour; preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)..
- Using a cookie scoop, place your cookie dough balls on a tray about 2” from each other. Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Remove from oven and let it cool for at least 15-20 minutes. If you have enough self control, wait to serve until the cookies have cooled completely for the best texture..
- Perfect for dipping in milk or coffee, or being served with vanilla ice cream!.
A chocolaty cookie base filled with two types of chocolate chips for maximum scrumptiousness! I have to toot my own horn here – these cookies are SO delicious! Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Download my FREE Cookie Customization Guide!