Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies). Snowball cookies are a classic holiday treat, dusted with powdered sugar and packed with pecans. These cookies are also commonly referred to as Mexican wedding cookies, Russian tea cakes, Italian Wedding Cookies, snowdrops or pecan butter balls. Snowball cookies are the most common way to refer to them because they look like balls of snow.
Italian Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies – Pistacchiotti. Linguine with Shrimp and Olives in White Wine Sauce. Pandoro Christmas Tree with Strawberry, Pistachio, Almond, Ricotta Cream. You can have Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies)
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of room temp butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans(use your nut of choice).
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of powdered sugar for rolling.
Easy and quick, this is the best Italian wedding cookies recipe ever. Loaded with walnuts and hazelnuts and coated in fluffy powder sugar like a snowball, these Italian cookies are sure to steal everybody's heart! Some of the common names for these delicious balls of pure bliss are, Russian Tea Cakes, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Italian Wedding Cookies, snowdrops, butter balls or more specifically pecan butter balls. The name that I think is most fitting is for them is Snowball Cookies, simply put because they look like little snowballs of course.
Snowballs (Italian wedding cookies) instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. But butter til light and add 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Beat well. Add nuts, salt, and vanilla and beat well..
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix until well combined. I use a small cookie scoop. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on parchment. Bake 15 minutes, no browning. Let cool a minute or two then roll in powdered sugar. Easy peasy..
Mix in salt, baking powder, flour and chopped pecans. While hot roll in powdered sugar. These cookies are very similar to Mexican wedding cookies, Russian teacakes, and butterballs. The main difference is that Italian wedding cookies are made with ground almonds or almond flour. These cookies can also be shaped into crescents and then are either rolled in powdered sugar or glazed with a simple sugar glaze.