Roasted fresh pineapple with cinnamon. Toss together the pineapple, sugar, oil, and cinnamon on a rimmed baking sheet. Roasting pineapple chunks at high heat in butter and sugar with a little salt and cinnamon brings out the fruit's rich sweet flavor perfectly. Roasted … Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
Toss pineapple with cinnamon and spread out on a lined baking sheet. Combine the honey, lime juice, and cinnamon in a gallon zip-top bag or plastic container large enough to hold the pineapple spears. Peel pineapple; cut into six wedges. You can cook Roasted fresh pineapple with cinnamon using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted fresh pineapple with cinnamon
- Prepare 1 of large pineapple.
- It’s 128 g of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 56 g of cold block butter.
Cut wedges lengthwise to remove core; cut each widthwise into four pieces. Combine the brown sugar, honey, pie spice and extract; spoon over pineapple. Spoon cooking juices over the top. Instructions Place pineapple wedges in gallon sized ziploc bag.
Roasted fresh pineapple with cinnamon step by step
- Chop the pineapple into spears. Just Google 'how to cut a pineapple into spears' if you don't know how..
- Put the pineapple spears into a large plastic food bag, like a sandwich bag or a freezer bag. Add the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Shake well, secure the top and put into the fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200°c fan..
- Cover a flat baking tray in foil and lightly wipe the foil with oil. Or you can use a spray oil if you prefer..
- Place the pineapple onto the foil in a row and cover in the juice that's collected in the bag..
- Cut the butter into small chunks and evenly scatter over the pineapple..
- Put the pineapple into the oven for 10 minutes then take it out and flip the spears over. Put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes then take it out and flip it over again. Then put it back in the oven for a final 5 minutes..
- At each stage you will notice that the juice has blackened more and more, it's supposed to do that becuase it's only there to keep the pineapple moist and not to eat. As long as the pineapple itself isn't black it's fine..
- Serve on it's own, with vanilla ice cream like I did or in any other way that you wish to..
Add brown sugar and cinnamon into bag. Sugar is nice but the pineapple will caramelize without the sugar (just not as quickly). If you decide to leave the sugar out just sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the pineapple. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Pour sugar mixture into a large resealable plastic bag.