Cinnamon Buns. I used to make cinnamon rolls and stick buns professionally. Here is how we rolled tight buns. Apply butter evenly, then sugar/cinnamon mixture.
We have overnight cinnamon rolls, bacon-wrapped cinnamon rolls, and more. These swirled buns packed with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter are just about the most comforting bake you can imagine, and they're just what you want on a relaxing Sunday with a cup of coffee. And if you're familiar with baking basic bread, making homemade cinnamon rolls isn't too far of a departure. You can cook Cinnamon Buns using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Buns
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 300 ml of purified water(warm).
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cinammon.
- You need 6 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 of extra egg.
Whisk the butter, egg yolk and vanilla into the yeast mixture. Whisk the flour, the sugar, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and stir in the yeast mixture with. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired.
Cinnamon Buns step by step
- In a bowl, mix the yeast, sugar and water then stir until the sugar dissolves..
- Cover the mixture and leave it for 5 min..
- Meanwhile, melt your butter then add an egg in it and beat them together. Set aside..
- After 5min, add flour, cinammon and the butter+egg in the mixture. Use your hands to mix everything and knead to make a soft dough..
- Cover the dough with a cling film and a clean dry kitchen towel on top and let it rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size. Make sure the room you're working on is warm enough..
- After 1hour, punch down the dough to release air in it and knead for 1min. Transfer the dough on a slightly floured wooden surface and continue kneading for a while..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Take 1 part of the dough and slightly spread it with your hands. Take a clean knife or a pizza cutter and cut 8 equal parts, and model the pieces into balls. Repeat the same with the other dough..
- Brush your baking tray with some cooking oil and transfer the balled-dough to it leaving a space for each ball to allow it rise..
- Cover the balls and leave them to rise for another 45min.(Again make sure the room is warm enough)..
- At this point, preheat your oven and bake for 15min. I didn't specify on the degrees to use coz I believe ovens are different. Mine I baked at 200°c for 15min..
- Remember the 'extra egg?' Crack the egg in a clean bowl and add 1tbs of clean water, cream or milk and beat it well. Brush your dough-balls with this mixture before you put them into the oven for baking..
- Transfer them into the oven and bake for 15 min..
- After 15min👇👇👇.
- Brush your buns with butter while they are still hot and allow them to cool. Enjoy😋😋😋.
A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better. Whether you enjoy these pillowy cinnamon rolls hot from the oven or up to a week later (if they last that long!), they retain their wonderful soft texture. Paired with classic bold cinnamon flavor and rich vanilla icing, the result is truly the ultimate cinnamon roll.