Cinnamon rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
If you can't eat them all in one go, store any frosted extras in the fridge due to the cream cheese.. Cinnabon wouldn't hand over the recipe for those famous cinnamon rolls, so Food Network Kitchens whipped up some pretty sweet imitations. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. You can cook Cinnamon rolls using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon rolls
- It’s of For the dough.
- Prepare 3 of and 1/2 cup flour.
- You need 2 of and 1/4 tsp yeast.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of For the filling.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s of For the icing.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better. ***This is the original Cinnamon Roll recipe! All other sweet roll recipe variations that I do come from this. Let's start by making the dough.
Cinnamon rolls step by step
- Prepare the dough. Add 1 tbsp of sugar over the yeast and 1/3 cup of the milk. Stir to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3 tbsp sugar, and salt. Add oil or melted butter, dissolved yeast, eggs and d remaining 2/3 of the milk. Stir to combine and knead until the dough becomes soft and a little bit sticky. Let it rest for 10 minutes..
- For the filling: in a bowl combine the butter, cinnamon and brown sugar..
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and roll the dough. Then spread the filling and roll it. Then take a knife and cut it into 12 equal sizes. Put a parchment paper on your baking tray and arrange the cinnamon rolls on with about 2cm distance between them. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for an hour or until doubled in size..
- Preheat your oven to 180^C and bake for 20-25 mins until light brown..
- Prepare the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together and drizzle it in top of your cinnamon rolls. Enjoy and serve with a cup of milk.
These cinnamon rolls can easily be made ahead. For best results, choose one of the following two methods. OVERNIGHT INSTRUCTIONS: After you've rolled and cut your cinnamon rolls and placed them into your lightly greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator. The next day, remove them from the fridge and allow them to come to room. To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed.