Paneer butter masala (with homemade cheese). This Paneer Butter Masala recipe is a rich and creamy dish of paneer (cottage cheese) in a tomato, butter and cashew sauce (known as Makhani gravy). The dish has a lovely tang coming from the tomatoes and is slightly sweet with a creamy and velvety feel to it. From the research Bubba gathered on this dish, he concluded that this Cheese Butter Masala (Paneer Makhani) is a very popular dish in North India.
Paneer Butter Masala is an Indian delicacy made with home-made vegetarian cheese. This dish is very simple to make and tastes so good. You can even try it with any cheese available with you. You can have Paneer butter masala (with homemade cheese) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paneer butter masala (with homemade cheese)
- Prepare 200 grms of paneer.
- It’s 5-6 of tomatoes medium sized.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- It’s of Cashews 6 table spoons.
- It’s of Ginger one inch and 6 garlic cloves.
- You need of Cinnamon 1 inch and 5 cardamoms.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon cumin powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri chilli powder 1 tablespoon of kasuri methi.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fresh cream, 1 tablespoon garam masala.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Coriander leaves.
- You need 300 ml of Water.
- You need 6 of table spoons of butter.
The cheese I have used here is popularly known in India as Paneer and made by vegetarian method without the use of rennet. Butter paneer masala is a mildly spicy paneer gravy. It is made with paneer (cottage cheese) that is cooked in buttery gravy made with onion, tomatoes, cashews & cream. The gravy of butter paneer is rich, thick & creamy with silky soft texture & a buttery flavor.
Paneer butter masala (with homemade cheese) instructions
- In a pan take tomatoes and onion diced, cashew nuts, garlic and cinnamon add water and boil until become soft.
- Let the mixture cool down completely then grind in to a fine paste.
- Add butter in a pan and add Kashmiri chilli powder and add tomato puree.
- Boil the mixture and add all the spices. Then let it cook further for 10 minutes.
- Then task off the thin layer on top of the puree to get smooth texture finally.
- Then add paneer cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and serve with butter nons, noodles or fried rice.
What are the ingredients of paneer butter masala? Paneer butter masala is a Punjabi vegetarian dish that combines paneer cheese with a spicy and creamy sauce. You don't have to visit a restaurant to enjoy the dish. You can purchase Indian spices at a market to make this full-bodied recipe at home. Paneer Butter Masala is a classic all time favorite dish of the North Indian Cuisine.