Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies. A fall-inspired cookie recipe with warm brown butter, sweet bourbon and spicy hints of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together until blended. It won't be creamy like a normal cookie batter.
Line two large baking sheets with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together until blended. Thick, buttery-soft, and generously portioned, these bakery style cookies are infused with a faint hint of warm bourbon. You can cook Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 of tap salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tbsp of burbon.
These browned butter and bourbon cookies are a deliciously unique twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. Place butter in a small heavy saucepan. Beat brown sugar and browned butter in a large bowl until blended. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies instructions
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until blended well together..
- To brown butter, place small pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam stir with wire whisk constantly. The color will begin to change and you'll see some brown flakes on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until the butter has a nutty fragrance and is golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir until the foam subsides. The whole process takes like 10-12 minutes. Have patience!.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the sugars, along with the cooled brown butter and using the paddle attachment mix until well blended. It wont be creamy like other cookie doughs. Add the egg and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, add the burbon until well mixed..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just done on the edges..
- Cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack..
While the caramel sauce cools, start the cookie dough by creaming together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until combined. The add the caramel, vanilla and almond extracts, bourbon, all spice, and cayenne pepper. Next, mix in the four, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Bourbon: July through September Spice: October through December.