Cinnamon rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
If you can't eat them all in one go, store any frosted extras in the fridge due to the cream cheese.. Cinnabon wouldn't hand over the recipe for those famous cinnamon rolls, so Food Network Kitchens whipped up some pretty sweet imitations. Whether you enjoy these pillowy cinnamon rolls hot from the oven or up to a week later (if they last that long!), they retain their wonderful soft texture. You can cook Cinnamon rolls using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon rolls
- You need of Yeast mixture.
- It’s 1/3 cup of very warm water.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Dough mixture.
- Prepare 5 cups of all purpose flour (might need less).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter melted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Filling mixture.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter melted.
- Prepare of Glaze mixture (optional).
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter melted.
- You need 2-4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Paired with classic bold cinnamon flavor and rich vanilla icing, the result is truly the ultimate cinnamon roll. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better.
Cinnamon rolls instructions
- Start with the yeast mixture. Stir in the yeast, warm water and sugar set aside until foamy..
- In a bigger bowl, pour in the yeast mixture and mix in all ingredients of the dough mixture. Add flour gradually because your mixture might need less..
- Knead until soft. It should be slightly sticky but shouldn’t stick to a clean fingertip. Cover and let rise for 1 hour..
- Knead the dough gently and roll it into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick..
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Brush half the melted butter on the dough. Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture. Repeat the process..
- Starting from the end furthest from you, tightly roll up the dough..
- When done, carefully slice into sections (they could be slightly more). Use a string of dental floss for better results..
- Place rolls in a greased dish. Cover and let it rise a second time for 35-45 mins..
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Bake for 20-25 min or until slightly golden..
- As they bake, make the glaze mixture. Whisk everything up..
This cinnamon roll recipe makes the absolute best, gooiest cinnamon rolls for the follwoing reasons: The rolls touch each other while baking. After the cinnamon rolls rise they will be touching each other on all sides (except for the part pointing to the outside of the pan). To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed. How to Make Easy Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch. Heat the butter, milk, and water together.