Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. It's super easy to make toasted walnuts. All you need to do it crush the walnuts in a ziplock bag until they are small chunks, then dump into a small pan on medium-high heat.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in the flour, toasted walnuts, vanilla and salt at low speed. In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. You can cook Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- It’s of Cookie dough:.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 5 tbsp of whole milk.
- It’s of Toasted Walnuts:.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts (or toasted crushed pecans).
- You need of Glaze:.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- You need 1 of tiny pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole milk.
Walnut Cookie Recipes Make your cookies a guaranteed hit by adding an ingredient you probably already have in your pantry: walnuts! Chopped or toasted, walnuts add big flavor to these top-rated cookie recipes. Fold walnuts into the mixture to coat; spread onto prepared jelly roll pan. Add in cinnamon and walnut and cook for a few minutes.
Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in butter and crumble by hand..
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl then pour into the dry mixture. Mix by hand until it forms a ball of dough..
- Lightly flour your work service and roll out your dough until about 1/2” thick, keeping it's shape as rectangular as possible..
- Time to make the filling! Combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside..
- It’s super easy to make toasted walnuts. All you need to do it crush the walnuts in a ziplock bag until they are small chunks, then dump into a small pan on medium-high heat. Toss the walnuts around for a few minutes and then you’re ready to go. Put into a glass container and set aside..
- Pro tip: Toasting any kind of nut enhances the flavor tremendously and adds so much more intensity to the flavor. Trust me, it’s worth sparing a few minutes..
- Evenly spread the filling on top of the rolled out dough. Take your time here, you want to make sure each cookie is going to have the same amount of filling. Next, add the toasted walnuts on top..
- Now take the longer side of the dough and roll towards you vertically. Using a sharp knife or non-scented floss, cut into about 1/2” pieces..
- Place the cookies on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes..
- While the cookies are baking, let’s get started making the glaze..
- In a medium-sized bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and cream cheese. Once well combined, add a tiny pinch of salt and mix. Chill in the fridge until cookies are done..
- Once the cookies are done let them cook for a few minutes before transferring to a plate. Using a spoon, zigzag the glaze on top of the cookies. Serve while the cookies are still warm..
Share the filling on those pieces and roll them up. Repeat the same for all dough balls. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place apple rolls on it. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in carrots, walnuts and cranberries.