GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies. Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add flour, cinnamon, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture and blend well. Beat egg and vanilla extract into the butter until completely blended.
Finally add the flour, baking soda and salt. This will deepen the flavours and make the cookies go from good to HEAVENLY! Line the baking tray with non-stick baking paper. You can cook GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies
- It’s 1 stick of (8 tbl.) undalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- You need of (add 1 tsp. zanthan gum to flour if not in flour blend already).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need of Cinnamon sugar- 1/4 cup sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon, stir.
These crisp cookies are spiced with cinnamon and lemon peel are simple and easy to make. I remember this being the first thing I ever baked and everyone loved them! Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper. Let the cookies cool down and enjoy!
GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies instructions
- Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended..
- Add flour, cinnamon, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture and blend well..
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Line baking sheets with parchment and lightly spray with oil..
- Shape dough into small balls, about 3/4" in diameter. Roll balls and coat in cinnamon sugar..
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool for a minute in the pan then remove to rack to cool completely..
Gluten-Free Recipes Keto Recipes Low Calorie Recipes. The cookie is light and crispy/chewy, with a mild cinnamon and molasses flavor – four stars with my changes. I'd call it an enhanced sugar cookie. Not a bad tasting cookie at all, but if you're looking for the cookie to reflect its name I'd increase the cinnamon significantly. These cookies are fantastic with a lemon glaze!