Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise). Making One Rise Cinnamon Rolls While the dough is resting, combine the filling ingredients and mix until you have a smooth paste. I love this technique so much better than layering all of the ingredients on top of each other and making a giant mess. Pictured below before and after the rise.
These swirled buns packed with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter are just about the most comforting. For the glaze, in a small bowl, add confectioners sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Allow rolls to cool slightly before topping with glaze. You can have Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise)
- Prepare of Dough:.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp. of instant yeast (1 standard packet).
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare of Cinnamon Sugar Filling:.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 oz. of brick style cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1-3 tbsp. of milk or as needed to thin out the consistency.
Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. After you let the dough rise in a greased covered bowl until it is double in size, you're ready to roll the cinnamon rolls. Use a pastry mat sprinkled with flour to keep the dough from sticking. Remember…the dough will be tacky and this is the point where it is ok to add flour on the pastry mat and on top of the dough itself for easy rolling.
Simple Cinnamon Rolls (One Rise) instructions
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and tbsp of cinnamon for your cinnamon sugar topping and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Set it aside. In a separate, microwave safe bowl, combine the milk, water and butter and heat it in 20 second increments until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch (about 110°F). Pour it into the dry ingredients along with the egg and stir it all together until a soft dough forms..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use floured hands to knead the dough for 3 minutes. Then, place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover loosely and let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the dough back out onto your lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out into a large rectangle (roughly 14×8 inches). Spread the softened butter all over the dough rectangle, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top..
- Roll the dough up tightly, length-wise. Then use a sharp, serrated knife to gently cut into 10-13 even sized rolls. Place the sliced rolls into a greased 9" pie dish. Loosely cover the rolls and let them rise for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft-free place until they are puffy and doubled in size. Pictured below before and after the rise..
- Once they have risen, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-28 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Check about halfway through bake time and if you notice they are browning on top too quickly, then lightly cover them with foil so that the centers can finish cooking. Once they're done baking, let them cool slightly while you make the frosting..
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to whisk together the butter and cream cheese until combined and fluffy. Then add the vanilla, salt and confectioners sugar and mix until combined. Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until the frosting is your desired consistency. Spread the frosting over the top of the warm cinnamon rolls and serve them up..
- You can also make this dough the night before if you're having them as part of your breakfast/brunch. Just go through all the steps until you slice the rolls. Arrange them in the greased pie plate and then cover with plastic wrap and let them rest in the fridge overnight. The next morning, remove them from the fridge and let them do their rise in a warm place, then bake..
They still rose beautifully and tasted wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing a "quick," easy, and delicious cinnamon roll recipe. We will be making these often! Cover the cinnamon rolls and let them rise Once the homemade cinnamon rolls are arranged in the baking sheet, cover them with a warm damp towel and let them rise until doubled in size. Be very careful not to let the towel touch the tops of the cinnamon rolls.