Cinnamon Roll Cookies. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and then the granulated sugar. Starting with the long edge, carefully roll the dough tightly, just as you would with cinnamon rolls, and pinch the seam together when you. Cinnamon Roll Cookies are thick, soft, buttery cookies, swirled with cinnamon sugar and topped with sweet icing.
Oh friends, you are in for a real treat today, a real treat indeed. Sprinkle cinnamon generously over the dough. Roll up the dough gently into a log starting on one of the long sides. You can have Cinnamon Roll Cookies using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- You need of Pie crust.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla bean extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp of + 1/4 tsp whole milk (low-fat works as well.).
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Glaze:.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of whole milk (low-fat works as well).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese.
These cinnamon-roll cookies are the fruits of our labor—and like any sticky, spicy roll, they wouldn't be complete without a cream cheese glaze. Making the signature spiral in these cookies looks intimidating, but the dough is very forgiving. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush rectangles with melted butter and sprinkle with.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Next, let’s make the pie crust! First, combine all the dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and whisk together..
- Then, add in the 1/3 cup of butter and combine with your fingers until crumbly..
- In a small separate bowl, mix the milk and vanilla bean extract together..
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Use your hands to form a ball of dough..
- Roll out your dough. Once the crust is rolled out, use either a ruler or a rolling pin (which is what I use) to cut off the edges making a rectangular shape..
- In a small bowl combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together with a fork. Once combined well, spread evenly on the pie dough. Then, roll up..
- With a sharp knife, cut each slice about 1 inch thick..
- Place on a cooking tray that’s been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While that’s baking, let’s move on to making the glaze! In a medium-sized bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and cream cheese together; mix with a fork..
Cinnamon Roll Cookies are a sweet and savory cookie, rolled in a cinnamon buttery filling baked until puffy then drizzled with a sweet glaze frosting. These holiday cookies won't last long! A simple twist on your classic cinnamon roll dessert. Homemade cinnamon roll cookies come together with my favorite sugar cookie recipe as the base, a buttery cinnamon sugar filling, and vanilla icing drizzle. They're soft in the centers with slightly crisp edges and taste like a cookie version of cinnamon rolls!