Quick homemade cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over butter-brushed dough. Making homemade quick cinnamon rolls is so easy. Prepare the bread dough Into a bowl add the milk,softened butter, sugar,salt,yeast and egg and combine everything together.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Spread the butter on top, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. You can use regular white granulated sugar or brown sugar in the filling. You can have Quick homemade cinnamon rolls using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick homemade cinnamon rolls
- You need of for the dough:.
- You need 2 of & 3/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 package of dry instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare of For the icing:.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Quick and easy homemade cinnamon rolls recipe, made from scratch with simple ingredients. Soft, fluffy, loaded with cinnamon & sugar glaze. These fluffy sweet yeast rolls are great for breakfast or brunch. Preheat your oven for a fast and family favorite recipe for Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Without Yeast, which are topped with tangy cream cheese frosting.
Quick homemade cinnamon rolls step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the first 4 ingredients in the dough portion of the recipe in a large mixing bowl and mix and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the water, butter and milk and place in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and stir into flour mixture and mix well. Add the egg in and knead 3-4 minutes by hand until it feels no longer greasy. Let rest for 5 minutes..
- After dough has rested roll out into a 15×9” rectangle and spread butter that’s called for in the filling section evenly over it. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll TIGHTLY. Cut into 9 equal slices and place in a greased 9” square pan..
- Turn off oven and cover rolls with foil. Place in oven to proof (rise) for 20 minutes then remove foil and turn oven back on to 375. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. While they’re baking mix icing ingredients until there’s no lumps and after rolls are done let cool 5 minutes and spoon icing over top..
- Sidenotes: you can make the dough ahead of time and slice it up and put it in freezer bags but skip step 3. When ready to use thaw at least 24 hours and let rest/ride for 4 hours on counter. Toss in the oven and bake as directed no need to proof them in the oven. Holds up to one month in freezer..
- Filling options: you can use 1 tablespoon on cinnamon and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice instead for a fall tasting roll, or spread really any fruit filling inside instead of the cinnamon sugar butter mixture..
It's hard to beat a warm batch of homemade cinnamon rolls , all those swirls of pillowy butter-soaked carbs. How to make homemade cinnamon rolls You can take any basic dinner roll recipe and turn it into homemade cinnamon rolls. Instead of shaping into balls, just roll out the dough into a rectangle and slather on some cinnamon sugar. That's what almost every cinnamon roll recipe that I researched calls for. Combine sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until dark brown.