Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. This Cinnamon Swirled Banana Bread is full of buttery cinnamon sugar throughout the moistest banana bread that's out of this world delicious! Please tell me you have some ripe bananas on your counter?! I sure hope so because this banana bread is the best and it's calling your name!
This is common and normal for most quick bread recipes. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugars. Add the yogurt, bananas, and melted butter, and mix well. You can cook Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 of ripe bananas, mashed (about 1–1/2 cups.
- It’s 3/4 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Cinnamon swirl.
- You need 2 Tbs of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 Tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 2 Tbs of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of granulated sugar.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Super-moist, flavorful banana bread swirled with a thick layer of cinnamon and topped with cream vanilla glaze. The cinnamon swirl is just a mix of cinnamon and sugar layered with the banana bread mixture. For the swirl, you can either make one thicker layer or two slightly thinner layers.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined..
- In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until thick and well combined..
- Spread 1/4 of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Dollop 1/4 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in the pan and then make a nice thick swirl through the batter with a table knife or bottom of a wooden spoon..
- Place 1/3 of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer and swirl with 1/3 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 1/2 of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture..
- Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Make large swirls throughout the entire loaf..
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, enjoy!.
I've tried it both ways and they're equally delicious. This bread also freezes well and when reheated the cinnamon and sugar layer tastes amazing! It starts out just like your basic banana bread: just mush together those nice squishy bananas with flour and sugar and all the other ingredients. But when you put it in the pan, you layer the batter with cinnamon sugar. As the bread bakes, the cinnamon just swirls right into it like magic.