Cinnamon Rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
This recipe is great served alongside fresh coffee for a leisurely breakfast in and is perfect for sharing with company. Cinnamon rolls are generally baked at a lower temperature than other breads — if the rolls are close together, the tops will begin to brown before the edges and centers are done. All other sweet roll recipe variations that I do come from this. You can have Cinnamon Rolls using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- It’s of (A) the dough.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need of (B) the filling.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 8 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of (C) the icing.
- It’s 100 g of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk.
Let's start by making the dough. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- To make the dough: add sugar, melted butter and yeast to your lukewarm milk. Allow to sit for 15 minutes somewhere warm..
- You should be able to see the yeast starting to activate at the surface. Add 2 cups of flour and combine well. Allow to rest somewhere warm for 1 hour..
- The dough should have doubled in size. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour, the salt, the baking powder and the cinnamon powder..
- Knead with hands for 5 minutes until smooth. spread into a rectangular shape..
- Mix the ingredients of the filling and spread evenly over the dough. Roll up, making sure to maintain even thickness. Cut evenly into 6-8 portions..
- Place into buttered pan. coat with melted butter to give them a golden colour..
- Preheat oven to 180°C then bake the cinnamon rolls for 30-40 minutes..
- Mix the icing ingredients and coat the rolls after they have cooled for at least 15 minutes. enjoy..
These cinnamon rolls can easily be made ahead. For best results, choose one of the following two methods. OVERNIGHT INSTRUCTIONS: After you've rolled and cut your cinnamon rolls and placed them into your lightly greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator. The next day, remove them from the fridge and allow them to come to room. This cinnamon roll recipe makes the absolute best, gooiest cinnamon rolls for the follwoing reasons: The rolls touch each other while baking.