Cinnamon Rolls. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed!
This recipe is great served alongside fresh coffee for a leisurely breakfast in and is perfect for sharing with company. If you can't eat them all in one go, store any frosted extras in the fridge due to the cream cheese.. All other sweet roll recipe variations that I do come from this. You can cook Cinnamon Rolls using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 57 grams of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil.
- It’s 4 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yeast.
- Prepare 9 cups of flour.
- Prepare of Melted butter.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- You need of Cinnamon.
Let's start by making the dough. A Slow Rise for the Best Cinnamon Rolls. The dough I ultimately created is best made over two days. Not only does this break up the work, but I think the flavor from a slow-risen dough tastes better.
Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt, butter, oil and warm milk.
- Stir in yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add four cups of flour at first, gradually add last four cups.
- Let dough rest for an hour..
- Cut dough in half and roll out one half.
- Apply melted butter over the rectangular dough and add brown sugar and cinnamon on top, then roll and cut into pieces.
- Let rest for an hour.
- Place in baking tray and bake at 175° for 20-25 minutes.
To make overnight cinnamon rolls: After placing rolls into the greased pan (after the first rise), simply cover, place overnight in the fridge and then bake them in the morning as directed. These cinnamon rolls can easily be made ahead. For best results, choose one of the following two methods. OVERNIGHT INSTRUCTIONS: After you've rolled and cut your cinnamon rolls and placed them into your lightly greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator. The next day, remove them from the fridge and allow them to come to room.