Swiss Green Bean Casserole. Add sour cream gradually until smooth. The traditional green bean casserole gets a different twist with fresh green beans in a sour cream-based sauce topped with Swiss cheese and buttery corn flakes. Serve during the holidays or special occasions!
For me, it's a tie between this and the cheesy broccoli casserole for my personal favorite. The name comes from the use of grated Swiss cheese on the top. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. You can have Swiss Green Bean Casserole using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Swiss Green Bean Casserole
- You need 1/4 cup of panko or bread crumbs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 small of minced onion.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 4 cup of whole cooked green beans.
- You need 2 cup of grated swiss cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
Stir in the four, salt, pepper and mustard until blended. SWISS CHEESE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE Melt butter over low heat. dish or other casserole dish alternate layers of green beans and Swiss cheese. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour, salt, pepper, sugar and onion powder.
Swiss Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Mix bread crumbs with 2 tbls of melted butter and parmesan, set aside for the topping..
- Place the remaining butter in a large saucepan over low heat and stir in flour, salt, pepper, onion, and sugar. Add sour cream and stir constantly until sauce is bubbly and thick. Remove from heat and fold green beans into sauce..
- Spread half of the green bean mixture into a cooking oil sprayed baking dish. Sprinkle half of the swiss cheese onto the green bean mixture. Spread the remaining green bean mixture over cheese. Top with the remaining swiss cheese and sprinkle on the panko crumb topping..
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy! Recipe Adapted from' The Front Porch'.
Regardless, these green beans always make me think of being with family during the holidays, so I give her full credit. This isn't like the traditional green bean casserole that uses cream of mushroom soup, it's way better and creamier with two whole cups of grated Swiss cheese. Then sprinkle half of the swiss cheese on top of the green beans. Next you will spread half of the sour cream mixture on top of the cheese (*the mixture is thick so you have to just work it around until it covers the green beans). Swiss Green Bean Casserole is a different sort of twist on a classic dish we all love.