Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole!. Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole. I think we've all had the green bean casserole, right? Grandmas everywhereee claiming it's their secret recipe, and we let them.
A favorite new ingredient of mine. Perennial holiday favorite Betty Crocker actually has a terrific gluten-free green bean casserole that even boasts the essential crunch of crispy fried onions. You'll prep those tasty onions first by slicing them and coating them with a fluffy batter made of buttermilk, gluten-free Bisquick mix, salt and pepper. You can have Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole! using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole!
- It’s 4 can of green beans (I prefer french style).
- It’s 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/2 packages of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of horseradish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s of regular or panko bread crumbs (either will work, panko gives more crunch).
Gently stir in the sauce, mixing well. It may look like you have too much sauce, but some of it gets absorbed while the casserole is baking. Stir the cooked green beans into the Mushrooms & Sauce and pour into a buttered casserole dish. Prepare the topping by pulsing the bread, butter, salt and pepper in a food processor.
Not Your Grandma's Green Bean Casserole! instructions
- Mix sour cream, soup, and horseradish together in a bowl. Add in green beans and mix well. Make sure green beans are coated..
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and top with panko bread crumbs, crumbled bacon and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. Serve immediately..
Stir the onions into the topping mixture. Add the mushrooms, thyme and sage and saute until most of the liquid. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. The toppings will be well-browned and the green beans should be soft but not mushy.