Oven roast chicken and potatoes. About: This oven roasted whole chicken and potatoes recipe is very delicious and easy to make. You only need one pan to cook this dish and it is perfect for the occasion such as Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper.
Arrange in a large roasting pan, with shallots in center and carrots, potatoes, and lemon toward edges. Place chicken facing up on top of potatoes and onions. Season with remaining garlic powder and paprika. You can cook Oven roast chicken and potatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven roast chicken and potatoes
- You need 1/2 of chicken.
- You need 2 kg of potatoes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Tomatoes (or vegetables of your choice).
- Prepare of You can marinate your chicken way in advance if you wish.
Sprinkle with lemon juice then add lemon slices to pan. Place chicken in the center of skillet and arrange potatoes around. Roast until potatoes are golden brown and crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts. No matter how you serve it, roast chicken doesn't need a lot to turn it into a meal — a simple side or two will do.
Oven roast chicken and potatoes step by step
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium size pieces..
- Peel and clean the potatoes, cut each potato into half..
- Place both the chicken and the potatoes on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt..
- Put in your oven for 1hr at 200 degrees C..
- Once fully cooked serve with vegetables of your choice. I served mine with sliced tomatoes. Enjoy!.
Drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes; stir potatoes. Take out of the oven and carefully flip chicken around. Uncover, toss the potatoes around and spoon some of pan juices over the chicken. Toss to coat with the pan juices then spread the potatoes out. Return the chicken to the skillet, placing it on the potatoes.