Baked mac n cheese. This is now her favorite baked macaroni and cheese. She begs me to make it when I come to visit. Once you try homemade mac and cheese, you'll never want the boxed stuff again..
While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and. Sharp cheddar cheese has been aged longer than regular cheddar. You can have Baked mac n cheese using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked mac n cheese
- Prepare of wet ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of dry ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb of dry pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of grated cheddar cheese (reserve 1\4 cup for topping).
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1 of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
As cheese ages, its flavor becomes more pronounced. Using aged cheese in a recipe can add complexity and rich flavor, even to humble favorites like mac 'n' cheese. Unless otherwise specified, Taste of Home recipes are tested with lightly salted butter. Pour half of the mac and cheese into the prepared baking dish.
Baked mac n cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Grease a large casserole dish..
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and cheddar cheese..
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. You can use a blender for this step..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till everything is coated..
- Dump mixture into the prepared casserole dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Remove the foil and stir the pasta. Dot with the butter and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving..
In a small bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter and paprika. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults. It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese sauce, for the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness! Perfect for a comforting dinner or as a holiday side dish! Looking for other comfort food dishes?