Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese. An instant classic at chef Preeti Mistry's latest Oakland restaurant, Navi Kitchen, this tikka masala mac & cheese is the embodiment of the chef's style: Cali-cool mashed up with traditional Indian flavors. Pour the Cilantro/Jalapeno Cheese sauce and make sure all the macaroni is coated. Sprinkle with your favorite breadcrumbs. (I personally add a topping of crushed Papad/Papri for an Indian twist.
Once ready, add a table spoon of Sukhi's Tikka Masala sauce to each serving (a serving would usually be about a cup). Mix it well and you're all set. This Masala Mac and Cheese can also go by Indian Mac and Cheese, Desi Mac and Cheese, or Tikka Masala Mac and Cheese. You can cook Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese
- Prepare of For paneer marinade:.
- You need 200 gm of paneer.
- Prepare 1/2 of green capsicum chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of red capsicum chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare of For Cheese sauce:.
- Prepare 2 of cheese slices.
- You need 1/4 cup of maida.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need tsp of Black pepper-1.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Other Ingredients:.
- You need 250 GM of macaroni.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- It’s of Oregano or pasta seasoning as required.
- It’s of Spring onion greens chopped for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Masala is a mixture of ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes sauteed with Indian spices. So in this mac and cheese, we first make the masala and then make a roux (with butter and flour) to help thicken the sauce.. Tikka Masala Mac 'n' Cheese is the perfect comfort food for foodies! This Indian-inspired dish is spicy, creamy, cheesy and deliciously crave-able.
Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese instructions
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Mix all ingredients under paneer marinade together. Marinate the paneer in fridge for 15 mins.
- After this we boil our macaroni. Boil it with water (as mentioned in packet), 2tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Follow Cooking time as mentioned in the macaroni packet. Usually 250gm takes around 15 mins to boil al dente. That is firm but able to cut with a fork..
- Drain the macaroni and set aside..
- Prepare the paneer tikka. Fry on high flame in oil until the masala starts to get dry. Set this aside..
- Finally we prepare the cheese sauce as it thickens quickly we do this step in the end. Put 2tbsp butter into a non-stick pan..
- Once butter melts, add the Maida. Cook until bubbles form in Maida and turns aromat..
- Now pour in the milk. Keep stirring until milk begins to thicken. Then add the cheese slices to this..
- Add salt and pepper to season the sauce..
- In a large pan mix the paneer tikka, cooked macaroni and the cheese sauce until well combined..
- While serving season macaroni with pasta or oregano seasoning. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens..
Making tandoori paneer tikka in the oven at home is serious business guys. And I've made sure this recipe is fool proof before I decided to share it here. Because you guys deserve only the best and nothing else! Honestly, I was a little nervous because tandoori paneer tikka has quite the God like status in our house. Paneer Tikka Masala (Cottage Cheese cooked wit. h bellpeppe,onions and tomatoes) Aloo Gobi Matar (Cauliflower,peas and potatoes cooked in onion and tomato gravy) Chilli Paneer (Cottage cheese cooked in soya,tomato and chilli sauce with diced onions, capsicum and black pepper) Soyabean Matar (Soya granuels cooked with peas in onion and tomato gravy) Chole (Chickpeas cooked.