Heavenly chocolate cake. For Chocolate Cake: Mix granulated sugar, sour cream, whole milk, instant espresso, vegetable oil, whole eggs and vanilla extract in a standing mixer on low speed for. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
In another large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour cake batter evenly into baking dish. This cake is a truly a taste of heaven. You can have Heavenly chocolate cake using 32 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Heavenly chocolate cake
- Prepare of Chocolate cake :.
- It’s 500 ml of cake flour sifted.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarb soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 180 ml of cocoa powder.
- You need 500 ml of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 250 ml of hot water mixed with 3 tsp coffee.
- Prepare 125 ml of oil.
- It’s 250 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Buttercream:.
- It’s 2 cups of icing sugar.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of soft butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of cocoa (for a light colour).
- Prepare 2 Tbs of milk.
- You need of Chocolate Ganache :.
- It’s 1 Tbs of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 200 g of baking chocolate.
- You need of Homemade chocolate numbers:.
- It’s of Pen.
- Prepare of Waxpaper.
- Prepare 50 g of chocolate pieces(depends on how thick you want the numbers).
- It’s of Toothpicks.
- Prepare of Deco(I used edible glitter and mini Astros).
- It’s of Chocolate dipped strawberries:.
- Prepare 10 of strawberries.
- You need of Few pieces chocolate.
- You need of Edible glitter.
- You need of Extra Deco for the cake as required.
The beautiful white icing pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate flavor. Serve it for any occasion, and you're good to go. For more recipes, visit Taste of Home. In mixer bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding mixes, sour cream, applesauce, eggs and coffee.
Heavenly chocolate cake instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Grease or line 2 round baking tins. Sift the dry ingredients (cake flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, sugar) for the cake into a bowl. Separately add the eggs, vanilla, oil and milk into a bowl and beat well. Add to the dry ingredients and lightly mix through. Add the hot coffee and mix till smooth..
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 20/25 mins inserting a toothpick in the middle to check if done. Leave the cake to cool, cover with wax paper and freeze.
- Write your numbers down on wax paper. Melt the chocolate and fill the numbers using a piping bag or teaspoon. Apply enough chocolate to make thick numbers. Place toothpicks at the bottom and cover the top with chocolate. Decorate as desired and leave it to set. Melt chocolate for the strawberries and dip them as desired, decorate with edible glitter..
- Prepare the buttercream by adding all ingredients (icing sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk) together, mix till smooth. Take the cake out and apply a thin layer of buttercream on 1 cake layer, add the other layer on top. Ice the sides of the cake and smooth it out. Place the cake in the freezer..
- Prepare the ganache by melting the butter in a pot, add the milk than chocolate pieces. Stir till the chocolate melts and leave it to thicken slightly. Take the cake out and drip the cake sides with ganache by using a spoon or piping bag. Spread the rest of the ganache on the top of the cake. Add the deco for the cake as desired, insert your numbers and place the strawberries. Leave the cake to set and enjoy..
Blend cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil. Blend cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil. We use old-fashioned recipes with wonderful ingredients like butter, eggs, brown sugar and other good flavors we remember growing up. Heavenly Chocolate Cake is one of the best tasting chocolate cakes out there, hands down! I got the recipe from one of my friends and it continues to be one of our favorite chocolate cakes.