Meatloaf. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. When baking the meatloaf, place a separate pan filled with water on the rack below — your meatloaf will be moist and delicious every time! Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan.
This hearty meatloaf is the perfect meal for cool fall and winter evenings, served with mashed potatoes and simple mushroom gravy. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. You can cook Meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- You need 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 pounds of minced meat- 1 pound beef and 1 pound turkey.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of stack soda crackers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup or barbeque sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s tsp of salt.
- Prepare 100 gms of onion soup mix.
- It’s 2 of bread heels.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. He is noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. This is a Meatloaf recipe for people who love their Meatloaf oozing with flavour, moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced, and a sticky caramelised meatloaf glaze. It's so much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape!
Meatloaf step by step
- On medium heat, saute pepper, onion and carrots, when soft add garlic and ginger paste, set aside, crush crackers to crumbs. In a large bowl, put meats, eggs, crackers, sauces, nutmeg, salt and onion soup and sauteed vegetables and mix all together until thoroughly mixed..
- In a loaf pan, place bread heels at the bottom, and put the meat mixture on top, bake @ 450 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes, remove from oven top with as much ketchup as you like and bake for additional 10 minutes, remove from oven, let it rest for further 10 minutes before serving. if freezing the rest, cut first and place in individual bags, makes a great filling for sandwiches!!.
Try this once, and you'll treasure this recipe forever! Meatloaf recipe Great basic meatloaf recipe–I've made w/ beef and pork (as in the recipe) and also just w/ beef. Grating, rather than dicing, the onions is a really smart tip. They seem to melt right in–all of the flavor and none of the texture of semi-cooked onions that plague most meatloaf recipes. Cover and pulse to form coarse crumbs; transfer to a large bowl.