Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese. Great recipe for Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese. I love to make this beautiful soup when I have a few green veggies in the fridge that are going spare and need using up as they're just past their best. You could of course slightly adapt this recipe to include whatever green veggies.
They make a great partner for today's soup but are also fabulous. Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, until hot. Add in the zucchini, broccoli, green peas, carrots, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. You can have Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped into thin round slices,.
- You need of The woody large stalk of a head of broccoli, chopped,.
- You need 2 of small-medium potatoes cut into fine cubes,.
- You need 1/2 of white onion, chopped finely,.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, chopped finely,.
- It’s 150 g of baby leaf spinach, chopped,.
- You need of Herbs & Spices:.
- Prepare Handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, including the stalks,.
- You need 2 tsp of mixed herbs,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need of Other:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil, I used vegetable.
- It’s 1 of reduced salt vegetable stock cube,.
- You need of Heel of blue cheese, chopped up, (60-70g),.
- You need of Water, enough to fill half way up your saucepan.
- You need of Garnish:.
- Prepare of Fresh leaves of parsley,.
- It’s of Crumbled blue cheese,.
- It’s of Dollop of Greek yogurt,.
- Prepare of Cracked black pepper.
- You need of Equipment needed:.
- Prepare of Hand blender / blender.
Green goddess soup is a vibrant and revitalising bowl of goodness – just what the doctor ordered. This super healthy soup is packed with nutritious green veg that is blended with creamy coconut milk for a more luxurious feel. If you're feeling under the weather, this green goddess soup will come to your rescue. At her popular Los Angeles dinner parties, my good friend Suzanne Rheinstein, an interior designer and New Orleans native, often serves a first course consisting of a generous scoop of jumbo lump blue crab napped with green goddess dressing.
Creamy Green Goddess Soup With Blue Cheese instructions
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions. Fry until turning translucent and are soft. Add in the celery and chopped up stalk of broccoli. Stir..
- Season well with salt and pepper and crumble in the stock cube. Add the leek plus the potatoes and stir once more. Fill the saucepan up halfway with water and bring to a simmer..
- Add the dried mixed herbs, the garlic granules, cumin and the chopped parsley. Stir then add a lid and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Add in the spinach and chop up the blue cheese and add that in also. Leave to simmer for around another 5 minutes stirring until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a minute or two then using a hand blender/blender blend until smooth and velvety..
- Serve up and garnish with crumbled blue cheese and a few leaves of fresh parsley, a grinding of black pepper and a dollop of two of yogurt. Enjoy! :).
I now serve what I think of as "Suzanne's Green Goddess Crabmeat" a lot, but for this dinner, which features an embarrassment of shellfish riches, an. Basil: supports kidney function and acts as a diuretic to help cleanse body of toxins. Parsley: is high in vitamins K + A. Garlic: has high amounts of vitamin c, which supports your immune system and liver health. Apple cider vinegar: aids in digestion and cleansing of the intestines.