Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup. Broccoli cooked in a creamy garlic butter sauce and topped with cheese and bacon all in one pan! This flavorful creamy dish is a delicious keto side or a whole meal on its own! Creamy, garlicky and cheesy basically sums up my life.
Place on serving dish and top with Cream Sauce. Directions In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, pecans, onion and eggs. Creamy Broccoli & Bacon in a Garlic Parmesan sauce is a delicious broccoli recipe and side dish! You can cook Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup
- Prepare 1 head of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of large Onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 sticks of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- It’s 3 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 of Potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- You need 1 3/4 litres of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Crème Fraîche.
- It’s 200-250 g of Stilton cheese.
Pan fried broccoli and crispy bacon are baked in a cheesy creamy parmesan garlic sauce topped with bubbling mozzarella. Creamy Garlic Parmesan Broccoli is guaranteed to convert ANY non-vegetable lover to fall head over heels! Place broccoli and onion into a saucepan, pour in water, and bring to a boil. However it's great if you want cream of broccoli with fewer calories – a very tasty compromise.
Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
A made-from-scratch Broccoli Casserole with tender broccoli baked in a creamy cheese sauce. Also known as Broccoli Gratin, this is arguably the ultimate way to consume tons and tons of broccoli! You'll find many creamy broccoli soups are made with a roux, being melted butter mixed with flour which thickens the soup, then broccoli pieces are tossed in and cooked in that thickened soup. I prefer making broccoli soup by cooking the broccoli until soft then blitzing it up to make a naturally thick and creamy soup. Stir in broccoli and return to a simmer.