Creamy Broccoli soup. Cream of Broccoli Soup Creamy Broccoli Soup Creamy Broccoli Soup. In a large pot, melt butter and cook onion until tender over medium high heat. Add potato and toss to coat with butter.
Place potatoes and carrot in a small saucepan; cover with water. Ventray's creamy broccoli soup is super easy to make, try it with garlic bread or your favorite cheesy toast, satisfaction guaranteed. A tasty broccoli soup with a touch of cheese. You can cook Creamy Broccoli soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli soup
- It’s 1 of chicken breast with bone.
- It’s 4 of bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 head of broccoli, chopped up.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 3 of small potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (or more).
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
For a richer, creamier soup, use half and half cream instead of whole milk. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter. This soup is super creamy in texture, but it contains very little actual cream. The butter and flour mixture — what's called a roux — gives it body and silkiness.
Creamy Broccoli soup step by step
- Put chicken breast into a large pot filled with water so that the chicken is completely covered, bring to boil and cook until chicken is cooked through..
- Dice onions and add to the broth.
- Remove chicken from broth and pull meat from bone, add the meat back to the broth..
- Chop broccoli, potatoes and carrots, add to the broth, cook until vegetables are tender..
- Add in cheese, butter and heavy cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
This Broccoli Soup is a cream of broccoli soup that's thick and creamy, with a great hit of cheese! It's creamy whether you make it with or without cream, though the cream does add an extra edge of luxury. Don't forget the hot crusty bread for dunking! Add the broccoli, tarragon, thyme and pepper; return to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.