Creamy Broccoli Soup. Cream of Broccoli Soup Creamy Broccoli Soup Creamy Broccoli Soup. In a large pot, melt butter and cook onion until tender over medium high heat. Add potato and toss to coat with butter.
Place potatoes and carrot in a small saucepan; cover with water. Ventray's creamy broccoli soup is super easy to make, try it with garlic bread or your favorite cheesy toast, satisfaction guaranteed. In a medium pot, melt butter over medium. You can cook Creamy Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 2 of medium onions roughly chopped.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of broccoli.
- You need 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 400 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need as required of Fresh cream for garnishing.
In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter. A tasty broccoli soup with a touch of cheese. For a richer, creamier soup, use half and half cream instead of whole milk. In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender.
Creamy Broccoli Soup instructions
- Roughly chopped the onions and garlic and sauté it in a pan. Add salt as per taste..
- Now add water, black pepper powder and broccoli and let it cook for 5 minutes..
- Now cool down it and pour it in mixture jar and blend well till smooth paste..
- In a pan, add butter and sauté all-purpose flour. Now add milk in batches and keep stirring..
- Turn off the flame once it starts boiling and gets a thick consistency..
- Add broccoli paste in this pan and mix well. Add water to adjust the consistency..
- Cook for few minutes add salt, black pepper powder, cumin powder and mix well..
- Our hot broccoli soup is ready to serve. You can serve with bread too..
You'll find many creamy broccoli soups are made with a roux, being melted butter mixed with flour which thickens the soup, then broccoli pieces are tossed in and cooked in that thickened soup. I prefer making broccoli soup by cooking the broccoli until soft then blitzing it up to make a naturally thick and creamy soup. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add broccoli stalks, potatoes, broccoli florets, and celery root; toss until coated in oil. Add broccoli, broth and seasonings (per recipe below) and simmer until tender.