Smoky Beer Can Chicken with Potato Wedges. Place roasting pan on grid of grill. Carefully rotate pan once during grilling and stirring potatos occasionally. Remove chicken from can holder, serve with potatoes.
Before you jump to Smoky Beer Can Chicken with Potato Wedges recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food. Omit salt and black pepper for the potatoes. Explore new recipes and kitchen products, and get inspired today! You can have Smoky Beer Can Chicken with Potato Wedges using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Beer Can Chicken with Potato Wedges
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Russet Potatoes, cut into 1/2 in. wedges (8 potatoes).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Canola oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Each… Salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 of Whole broiler-fryer chicken ( neck and giblets discarded.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Smoky applewood rub or smoked paprika.
- You need 1 can of Beer.
Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt. Serve the chicken and potatoes with the lime wedges. When chicken is done, very carefully remove can (hold chicken with tongs and use an oven mitt to pull out can). Serve your smoked beer can chicken with grilled veggies, mashed or roasted potatoes, or oven fries.
Smoky Beer Can Chicken with Potato Wedges instructions
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking over medium heat. Combine potatos, 1/2 tbsp of rub, 1 1/2 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper…toss to coat and set aside….
- Combine 1 1/2 of the rub and remaing 1 tbsp oil in prep bowl, stir until blended. Trim excess fat from chicken,if necessary. Loosen skin from breast and thigh portions of chicken….Spread rub mixture evenly under skin of chicken. Sprinkle outside of chicken with remaining 1 tbsp rub….you can add more rub if desired..
- Pour out about one-fourth of the ber from the can to provide space for drippings. I have a special beer can roaster pan. Place beer. And place chicken over can holder so the can is upright in the caviry of the chicken. Arrange potatoes around chicken.
- Grill, covered, 60 to 75 minutes or until internal temp. Of chicken reaches 165°F in thickest part. Carefully rotate pan once during grilling and stirring potatos occasionally. Remove chicken from can holder, serve with potatoes..
The leftovers make a flavorful filling for a sandwich, burrito, or tacos. Or shred and add to soup. Insert the half can of beer into the chicken's cavity to make it stand breast side up. Place chicken in a large bowl. Sprinkle over a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and the paprika.