Spaghetti Gravy with meat. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Pat the pork dry and put the pieces in the pot. Heat oil and butter in a saucepan, saute onions and mushrooms over medium high heat until they begin to brown.
In a small bowl, combine oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. You can cook Spaghetti Gravy with meat using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Gravy with meat
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce, 12oz..
- You need 1/2 large of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garic, mashed & chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of basil pesto.
- You need 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 can of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
The resulting recipe is a meat sauce that, after two hours cook time, turns soft, tender, and velvety. No ingredient outshines another. "The sauce should cling on to noodles, draping and coating. Sunday Gravy is a traditional Italian-American recipe that combines a hearty tomato sauce with several types of meat. Various cuts of beef or pork, as well as delicate meatballs, are cooked in the sauce until tender and served along with pasta that's been tossed in the flavorful sauce.
Spaghetti Gravy with meat step by step
- Brown both ground meats together and drain grease.
- in a large pot add to the meats 1 1/2 T. of flour and let that cook for about 3 minutes, then add onions, garlic, basil pesto and cook till onion is clear.
- now pour in can of tomatoes and cook down for another 5 minutes.
- add large can of spaghetti sauce and Worcestershire.
- also add sugar and barbecue sauce , cover with lid and let simmer for at least an hour.
- while gravy simmers, boil some pasta, and serve with bread.
Place the sausages in the pot and brown on all sides. Set the sausages aside with the pork and beef. Drain off most of the fat from the pot. To make the best spaghetti sauce, you simply need to brown the ground beef and drain off any excess fat. Then, throw in the chopped celery, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften.