Penned Pasta with Meat Sauce. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Stir in cooked pasta, and olives.
Distribute some cubed cream cheese and shredded cheese over the pasta along with more pasta sauce. This family favorite pasta dish adds a unique creamy meat sauce to make penne or ziti pasta that will please kids and adults alike. The tomato and beef sauce can be modified with ground Italian sausage. You can have Penned Pasta with Meat Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penned Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Prepare 1 box of penne pasta noodles.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 jar of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of parmesan cheese.
Or use ground turkey or chicken chunks if you don't eat red meat. If you prefer a vegetarian sauce, go ahead and omit the meat. Penne with Italian Meat Sauce Ingredients I have used jars of marinara sauce many times. However, it's not necessary if you have tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
Penned Pasta with Meat Sauce instructions
- Cook noodles according too package directions, drain and return to pot..
- In large skillet, brown meat. Drain..
- Add onion and cook until onion comes out caramelized..
- Add spaghetti sauce. (My preference is Prego, which is what I used in this recipe.).
- Add the spices and mix well. Cook on low to medium heat until heated through..
- Toss pasta with meat mixture and add parmesan cheese on top..
You'll need a pound of ground beef, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, tomato sauce, pasta, water, and Italian seasoning. Once the water returns to a boil add the pasta to the pot. Leave uncovered, let cook on high heat with a vigorous boil. When the pasta is ready, reserve a ladleful of the pasta water and then drain the penne in a colander. Finishing the penne with meat sauce.