Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce. Take Any Pasta Dish To The Next Level with Texas Toast Garlic Bread. Make Pasta Night Even Better with New York Bakery® Garlic Bread. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Transfer pasta and sauce to a. To make the best spaghetti sauce, you simply need to brown the ground beef and drain off any excess fat. Then, throw in the chopped celery, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften. You can have Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 medium of Carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of Celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of Dried Lentils.
- You need 15 oz of can Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian Parsley, chopped.
- It’s 5 medium of Fresh Basil Leaves or tsp dried.
- Prepare 1/2 box of Spaghetti Noodles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, shredded.
Dump the rest of the homemade pasta sauce ingredients into the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Instead of opening a jar of sauce, try this easy spaghetti with meat sauce on a weeknight. Serve with steamed broccoli and garlic bread. Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is one of those global comfort foods that moms around the world make for their kids.
Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce step by step
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have. You can also change the cheese to Parmesan if desired..
- Add carrots, celery and onion to pan with 2 tbsp water and saute till onions are cooked and slightly brown. Add water tbsp at a time to prevent burning..
- Add tbsp water and italian seasoning with salt and pepper and stir..
- Add Lentils and water enough to cover lentils. Bring to boil and simmer for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add water as needed. Water should be gone at end of 35 minutes..
- Put water in a pot with shake of salt and heat for spaghetti noodles. Add spaghetti when it boils..
- Scoop half lentils into blender and blend for a minute. Pour back into pan and scoop other half into blender and blend that for a minute. Pour back into pan. Some lentils will be whole. That's ok..
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- If desired, add spaghetti to "meat" sauce and toss OR put spaghetti on plate and scoop sauce on top..
- Plate spaghetti, sprinkle with cheese and serve..
- NOTE: If you want a more saucy "meat" sauce you can add another can of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce. If you want the sauce to be a little more sweet and tomatoey add in and a few squirts of ketchup.
Although the sauce and pasta have roots in Italy, it didn't come together as a dish until Italians started migrating to other parts of the world. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add the ground beef and cook until almost completely browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Turn the heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), parsley, basil, oregano and thyme. Saute with the beef until the onions are soft and translucent.