My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing. Mix the dressing/stuffing, broth, onions celery, boiled eggs, sage, apples, sausage, poultry seasonings and salt. Taste now before you add raw eggs. Apple, Sausage and Herb Stuffing is the best recipe hands down for basic home cooked dressing you will ever taste.
Melt the remaining butter in the pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, onion, and sausage. Drizzle with the melted butter, and season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. You can have My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing
- It’s of Apples.
- You need 3 large of Granny Smith Apples.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need of Sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk/ pan sausage, we use OdemsTennessee Pride brand, mild.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 large of boiled eggs.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 8 oz of dry weight, corn bread stuffing/dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of turkey broth, see recipe attached.
Pour the broth over the top and toss to combine. You may need additional broth, add it in gradually so you don't over wet the stuffing. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large.
My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing step by step
- The night before, peel and finely dice the apples. Put into a zip lock bag add cinnamon and sugar. Shake mixing well put into refrigerator overnight..
- The nightbefore heat pan add sausage and brown. Refrigerate till Thanksgiving Day..
- Boil the eggs and peel, refrigerate till next day..
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add the onions and celery to the hot broth. To give a head start cooking. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341240-turkey-broth-homemade.
- Mix the dressing/stuffing, broth, onions celery, boiled eggs, sage, apples, sausage, poultry seasonings and salt. Taste now before you add raw eggs. Adjust seasonings then beat eggs mix everything and put into 8×8 inch pan..
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes serve hope you enjoy!.
In a large pan, brown sausage. Stir with a wooden spoon so it will crumble. When it is browned, place on paper towels and allow it to drain. Continuing in the skillet, saute onions, celery, apples and garlic with butter. Apple Sausage Dressing is baked and not stuffed into a turkey.